Saturday 10 January 2015

Practical Rationale

In order for my critical writing to synthesise with the practical piece, I will be implementing the theories of visual perception that have been discussed in my writing into the layout of the website design. For example, the Gestalt principles will be implemented to form relationships between the elements of the page to create a well organised, structured design. I also discussed James Gibson's approach to perception and will be implementing his theory of affordances into my design to communicate digital metaphors of real word objects, to convey a message so the observer will understand how to interact with the design. The layout will implement visual hierarchy to create an order of importance between the elements on the page and guide the users eye in a logical sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment